The Now I Can Foundation

Today I would like to blog about the Now I Can Foundation. Now I Can is very special to me because my parents started the foundation to help kids with disabilities like me.

When I was four years old, my parents took me to Poland for 4 weeks to receive physical therapy. The kind of therapy I received in Poland was very unique because it is not offered very many places in the United States. The kids use a special suit called the neuro suit which helps them to move and work better. The therapy that I had in Poland benefited me a lot. I was able to use my right hand better than before. Even though we loved the therapy a lot, we didn't want to travel that far as often as I needed the therapy, so we decided to start our own facility here.



 We named the clinic Now I Can because when I was in Poland, I would say "Now I Can" use "righty" better!" Now I Can offers intensive physical therapy. Every time a patient comes they participate in a therapy session. Each session is 4 weeks long, for 4 hours a day.  I have done many sessions at Now I Can and have improved greatly. Even though it is hard sometimes, it is totally worth it!

The kids who attend Now I Can are amazing. They work so hard to improve and reach the goals that they have for themselves. They still manage to smile even through their hard work.The kids progress so much in the three weeks that they are at the clinic, it is miraculous!












If you want to learn more about Now I Can and the amazing things they are doing for families around the country, you can visit their website here. You can find more information there and see the true progress of these kids. I love Now I Can and all the hope and love they have provided me and how much I have improved through the therapy provided there.





Always have hope,
Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments