Now I Can Run to Walk

A few weeks ago was the Now I Can Run to Walk. This was a fun event that we do for Now I Can annually. We have a Fun Run and a 5k so all ages and abilities can participate. 

One of my favorite parts about the run is being able to get up early to go help set up. I'm not much of an early riser, but this is a fun way to help out a good cause. Plus, there is always doughnuts and other treats for the volunteers!

We also had a lot of different fun activities this year. My brother Logan did a face painting table with his friends, which was really fun for the kids. We also had a couple of food trucks come so that people could also enjoy some food. I had a really yummy crepe from L.A. Crepes to finish off the morning!

I had the privelege of running the mile with my cousin Taylor. It was fun to have someone right there along with me to motivate and support me. It really made it a lot easier to finish! We walked all of the way until he made me run across the finish line. I got a better time than last time so I was proud of myself. 


It's always fun for me to see the Now I Can kids come across the finish line. You see how hard they have worked and how happy they are that they have accomplished that task. It really is a moving moment and inspires me to try my best in everything I do.



All of these pictures were taken by my cousin Makei. You can see some of the other pictures he has taken on his blog Urban Moons.

 Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Way to go Colby! And Taylor was the perfect cousin to walk/run it with you. So cool. LOVE THE RUN!

    ReplyDelete