Beginning Brain Balance

My mom suggested that I write about the new program I've been doing for the past month. It is called Brain Balance. I actually discovered  this program myself, as my mom likes to remind me, when I heard an ad for it. It is a really interesting program that I wanted to learn more about. 

The program is based off of the two sides of the brain. Both sides function in different ways and do different things for us. The left side of the brain is more of the intellectual side. It likes logic and facts, as well as having a set routine. Where as the right side of the brain is more social. It reads things like body language and social cues. Both sides of the brain are designed to work together. So through this program, they try to strengthen the weaker side of the brain. 

Everybody has a side of the brain is weaker, and one that is stronger. You might be really good at math, and not as good at communication. This can affect our social, mental, and emotional lives. When one side of the brain is weaker, it can affect things like our attention, our ability to be social, ton don well in school, as well as many other things.

First I went in to have an assessment. They did a bunch of tests on me and had me do some activities that would help measure which side was weaker. There were two types of tests; cognitive and gross motor. When we got the results of my test, we found out that my right side is weaker. I wanted to strengthen my right side also because of my disability. 

Then the next step was to begin the program. It is set up in three month chunks. Some people attend longer if they don't get their full results. It is actually quite an intense program! You go to the center three times a week for an hour each time. You also have a very strict screen time limit and diet. You can't have any sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, MSG!

So far I've kind of had an interesting experience with this. It's been kind of hard to do all the exercises and the diet. But I'm sure that I just have to get used to it! I will write periodically about Brain Balance and how things are going.

Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is a neat opportunity and I am proud of you for sticking through it!

    ReplyDelete