Family History Fair

A few weeks ago my stake had a family history fair with classes and activities to teach everyone more about family history. I was really excited about this when it was first announced because family history is a passion of mine.

They had some tables set up in the gym of books and things from each ward representing people's family history. It was fun to look through and see the many different ways people remember their heritage.

I went a class that talked about recording our personal history. There are many different ways to do this, my favorite is just writing in a journal. But we talked about lots of different ways to record things about your life including scrapbooking, videos, blogging, online journaling etc.

I'm very grateful for my grandparents and great-grandparents who have done this so I can learn more about them and my ancestors. I would encourage you to start recording a personal history; you and your family will be very grateful in the future.


Always have hope,






Colby

You Might Also Like

3 comments