General Conference October 2015

As I mentioned in my last post, this weekend was LDS General Conference this weekend. This is a special opportunity that members of the church and people all over the world have to hear from prophets and apostles. 


Conference consists of 6 sessions. Two Saturday and Sunday, as well as a priesthood and general women's session. It is a great opportunity to receive revelation and improve lives. 

One of my favorite things about General Conference is that I can listen and receive inspiration and revelation. I take a LOT of notes when it comes to General Conference because I want to make sure that I can remember the feelings I felt, and the thoughts I had during this time. 

This General Conference marked a special event in our church's history. Three of the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles have passed away since the last conference. As a result of this three new Apostles were called to the Quorum. It was a very special experience for me and something that hasn't happened since 1906, and probably won't happen again for a long time. 

I'd like to share a few of my favorite quotes and thoughts from conference. I hope you can be inspired by the messages that were shared. 




I love this quote because it helps us see what our ultimate goal is, but also what we need to go through and experience in this life in order to reach this goal. This was a great reminder to me. 




This was one of my favorite talks and I thought it had a great message. Often in the world today, messages can tell us what we need to do in our lives and what we should be focused on. But this reminds us that our lives should be centered around Jesus. 



I wasn't able to watch this talk because it was during Priesthood session, but this quote really inspired me. Our faith should grow continually throughout our lives, but I love how he says by choice instead of chance. 

I hope these quotes have inspired you. If you want to read or look at more, you may go to lds.org and click on the conference pages. I'm very grateful for General Conference and the ability I have to learn from modern day prophets and apostles about how I can make better changes in my life. 



Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments