Celebrating the Holidays

On Friday I went up to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to see the lights. I always love this time of year because of all the lights on the houses, but Temple Square goes all out! They decorate everything in lights to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I love walking around Temple Square with my family and seeing the lights and listening to Christmas music. It really keeps you in the spirit of Christmas. They have so many great museums, restaurants, and activities there for families that are super fun at Christmas time. It is a very entertaining family experience because they are so many exciting things to do in Salt Lake. 


Along with visiting Temple Square, my family also went to Clark Planetarium, Grand America and The Discovery Museum. I had never been to the Clark Planetarium before. We watched a couple of movies in the Imax and Hansen Dome theaters, which was a really unique experience. The Dome theater is a giant dome screen and  in the Imax theater 3D movies are shown. So you can experience movies in different ways. The Discovery Museum was really interesting. They have a bunch of activities for children and families. The activities are mostly for younger children, but it is still really fun. 


For dinner we went to the Lion House. I haven't been there for quite a few years so I was excited to go back. The line was very long and by the time we got to the front, they were out of all of the dishes we were planning to get! I felt bad for the people in line behind us. I loved eating a yummy dinner and talking with my family.  But they did have the rolls and honey butter which are the best!


On Saturday morning we went to the Grand America Hotel to look at the windows. When you go inside the hotel, you can see the Christmas displays in the windows. They are all so amazingly detailed and you can tell that a lot of time was spent on them. 


I had a lot of fun in Salt Lake City with my family, even though it was really cold and we had far distances to walk. I enjoyed seeing all the lights at Temple Square and spending time with my family while doing some of the other activities in Salt Lake. A great thing about the holidays is being able to spend time with your family. I hope you get a chance to visit these fun places if you ever visit Salt Lake. If you want to do some of these fun things you can get the Salt Lake Connect pass here.


















 Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments