Gifted Hands

In my health class at school we are currently learning about mental health. This is a very interesting topic to me because I like learning about the way things go on inside our heads. As part of this unit, we watched the movie Gifted Hands, which is the story of Ben Carson.

I knew very little about Ben Carson before watching this movie. It was very fascinitating to me to learn about all the things he dud for the medical world and helping others. My teacher wanted I'd to watch this movie to learn about mentally healthy people and the way that they function in life.

One of the things that was really amazing to me was the ability to learn and discover that his mother instilled in him. Before his mother told he and his brother that they needed to read more, he wasn't doing well in school, but as soon as he started reading and learning, he became interested in learning about everything!

Another thing that I loved about this movie was his determination to be able to figure out a solution to the problems he was having. He never stopped trying to learn even when he was doing something else. I think it is important yo continue learning throughout our lives.

I was also fascinated by the compassion and care that he did eveything with. When he was taking care of patients if even just learning about something he did it with such care and you could tell that he really enjoyed what he was doing. 

I really liked watching the movie Gifted Hands. I learned a lot about mental health and how I can improve my own and be kinder and more compassionate to others. I hope that I can take what I learned from this movie so I can make a difference in others lives.  



Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love that movie! We actually own it, and it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It has become one of my favorites. We should watch it sometime!

      Delete
    2. Yes! It has become one of my favorites. We should watch it sometime!

      Delete
  2. I need to watch it- never seen it. Invite me to your movie party ;)

    ReplyDelete