Finding Faith

The other day I read about ten chapters in the Book of Mormon. I was really proud of myself because I'm trying to finish it by next week so I was working really hard. 

I was reading in Alma and Heleman about the stripling warriors and their bravery and faith through what they were doing. It was really inspiring for me to learn about how hard it was for them! 

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the story of the 2000 stripling warriors, it is an amazing one. The Nephites and Lamanites were preparing to go to war. The parents' generation had made a covenant that they would never lift up arms and shed blood again. But because they were about to go to war, they needed to do something. Their sons had not made the covenant, so they were willing to go to war. They tell Heleman that their mothers taught them that "if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." 

As I read their stories of faith and courage it really inspired me to do better. These teenage boys went out to fight for their families and religion with no fear, because they knew they were doing the right thing and that God would protect them. 

I know we are  probably not going to be asked to go to war, but this can apply to everyone. We all have hard times in our lives that require courage and faith. But we can try and get through those trials with confidence because we can trust that Heavenly Father will help us and deliver us from our trials. 

I'm grateful that I have the ability to have faith in Heavenly Father. I've learned through personal experience that if we excercise faith in Him, he can work miracles in our lives. Even though I'm not perfect at it, I'm glad He's there. 




Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am so glad you have learned that Heavenly Father works miracles in your life. He will continue to do so as you are faithful. What a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete