Pathways of Belief: Press Forward with Faith

I’ve really enjoyed studying more about faith this semester and sharing my insights with you. I wish we had more time to study and learn together, maybe we’ll have to start a study group! I wanted to share a few final thoughts regarding faith and our journeys of faith.

A few weeks ago, I talked a little bit about the gospel and doctrine of Christ. The last principle is enduring to the end. To me, enduring to the end means more than suffering until we reach heaven, despite what we sometimes think. I love this definition of endure: “firm, solid, and steadfast within”. Our faith should be firm, solid, and steadfast, then we can rely on the Lord and get through the trials of life. At times our faith may waver, but we can trust that Jesus is always there to pick us up and carry us. The thought of letting God guide us in our endurance brings me comfort. The Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it so we don’t have to do life alone and we can rely on God through our faith.

I love listening to music and there are a couple of songs about faith that I love and remind me of the power that can come when we put our faith in Christ. Press Forward says
“There is hope for tomorrow
Whatever may come
If we keep our eyes on the Savior
And never let go of his love
We will press forward
Onward with faith"

I want to do better at keeping my eyes on the Savior as I press forward with faith. It is so easy to get distracted, even with good things, but I know that if we focus on the Savior, He will lead us in the right way.

Another song that recently came out councils:
"I got faith
That everything that I can’t see, You’ll reveal someday
And if I can just hold on to Your words, then I’ll be okay
I’ll be back in Your arms to stay
But all I can do now is keep moving forward in faith"

The phrase "That everything that I can’t see, You’ll reveal someday" has been in my head ever since I listened to this song. I have a really hard time with the unknown, and I am working hard to put my complete trust in the Savior and His plan for me. I know that we will be okay and will work out for our good. We have been promised this, and we can trust that it will come, even if it's not in the way or time we want.

A scripture I shared often on my mission is Mosiah 2:41 “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.”

I love the promise that we will be happy and blessed if we are faithful. The scripture doesn’t say that we will have perfect faith all the time because we won’t, but if we keep pressing forward in faith, we will be blessed and Jesus will be by our side. Mother Teresa once said, “We are not called to be successful in all things, we are called to be faithful in all things”. If we have faith, we can trust in God’s plan even when we can’t see it.

President Nelson promised, “With faith in Jesus Christ, you can move the mountains in your life”. I know this is true. I’ve accomplished things with Him that I never could have done alone and I know He is with each of us through every step of our lives. I invite you to think of one way you can press forward with faith in Christ. I know as you do you will see your faith strengthened, feel His love for you, and His strength to accomplish anything. I love Him and I’m so grateful for the opportunity I have to deepen my relationship with Him every day.

Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments