Light the World

Sorry, this is so late. I was meaning to write it last week and it didn't happen. For the month of December, Mormon Channel is doing a month of service called 'Light the World'. They want everyone to perform an act of service every day to celebrate the birth of Jesus. They have created a calendar and some videos to promote and get people excited about this. 

My family and I are going to be participating in this and working to #lighttheworld. You can go to mormon.org to find a calendar that has been created with what to do each day and some ideas on how you can perform those services. They have some really great ideas that are a big help as to what you can do.

My mom has printed this calendar and we have it in my family room along with a Christmas tree on cardboard that we put stickers on each time we complete the service. I think this is a great thing to do as a family because you can do it together and you can know where your service is going and who you are benefiting.

I love this idea that the Church came up with because not only does it help us do things that benefit others, but we can also reflect on all that He has done for us and the rest of the world. Each day of service is based on something that He has done and how we can do it too. I love this video that they put out to promote #lighttheworld. The world has so much good in it and I think we need to do better at recognizing all the good that is going on and we can help contribute to it. Please help me #lighttheworld! Share your ideas below. 





Always have hope,






Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments