Book Review: Facing Your Giants

My family and I recently signed up for the summer reading program at our library. I love that they do this program because it encourages everyone to read during the summer. And there are great prizes too!

I read a great book last week that I want to do a review on. It's called Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. (Not to be confused with Facing the Giants which is one of my favorite movies). This book was a big inspiration to me and I love the things it talks about.

He talks about the story of David and Goliath and how David beat Goliath with 5 smooth stones. But that wasn't the only thing he had, he had faith and trusted in God that everything would work out. The story of David is one of my favorites in the Bible so I loved the insights this book provided.

I learned that we need to find strength in God to overcome our giants. Giants can be anything like doubt, fear, pride, whatever is keeping us from who we want to be. Lucado shares the five stones that can bring down your giant.

The stone of the past: Remember how God has been good to you
The stone of prayer: Make time to talk to Him
The stone of priority: Always try to do the right thing
The stone of passion: Run toward (not away from) your problems
The stone of persistence: Never, ever give up

I loved reading this book and learning about how I can overcome my giants and trials in life. I encourage you to read this book because I know you will learn great things from it.
Always have hope,





Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments