HOBY 2017

About a month ago I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the HOBY Leadership Conference with other high school sophomores from Utah. I signed up with my school but wasn't really sure what to expect. But I was excited to be going up with my good friend Lindsey.

HOBY was up at Southern Utah University. I was put into the Green 2 group and made so many amazing friends. Over the weekend we learned about how to become better leaders in our schools and communities so we can make a difference in the world.

Highlights from the Weekend
* Speaker Cameron Taylor
6 Steps to Lasting Confidence and Goals


  • Seek Inspiration
  • Write down Inspired Goals
  • Read Goals Daily
  • Visualize
  • Action
  • Persistence
* Dance
*Service Project (We made stuffed monsters for Primary Children's Hospital)
*Group Leadership Activities

I had so much fun at HOBY and learned so much about myself and what I can do to help in my school and community. One of the challenges they gave us is to do 100 hours of service by the end of our junior year. I have taken that challenge and will be doing lots of service this next year! I loved HOBY and am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go.




Always have hope,





Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments