Pathways of Belief: Increasing Faith in Christ

Now that we have learned what faith is and why it's important, let's talk about how we can grow our faith in Christ. I’d like to highlight a few ways that have helped me increase my faith and I’d love to hear your ideas too!

One of the best things I’ve done to increase my faith in Jesus is to take the time to learn more about Him. It’s hard to put your trust in somebody that you don’t know. The gospels share individual experiences with Jesus when He was on the earth, but the Book of Mormon also has powerful insights regarding His mission and ministry. One of my favorite passages is in 3 Nephi when He visits the people in the Americas after His Resurrection. In verse 14 He invites everyone to come to Him and witness the scars He received for them. "Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world." I believe He still extends this invitation to us to learn about Him and gain a testimony of His love.

Another way we can increase our faith is to do things that grow our faith. Much like muscles cannot grow without pain or tension, faith can’t grow unless it is challenged. In 2 Nephi 28, the Lord says "I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little;". Every time we do something that requires faith, it is strengthened and we draw closer to Jesus. President Russell M. Nelson has encouraged “What would you do if you had more faith? Think about it. Write about it. Then receive more faith by doing something that requires more faith.” I challenge you to do this and pray to receive the faith that you desire. I know the Lord will bless you for righteous efforts and give you the faith and capacity to do things you couldn't do on your own.


There is power that comes from asking Heavenly Father for help and to receive an increase of faith. He wants us to increase our dedication to Him, and He knows the best way to help us. We are promised that He will “make weak things become strong” if we come to Him humbly and with the desire to make changes. I have seen my faith strengthened as I've prayed and learned more about Jesus and His gospel, and I know you can do the same. How have you strengthened your faith in Christ? Share in the comments!

Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments