Pioneer Trek 2016

I had the opportunity to go with my stake on Pioneer Trek with my stake this week. It was a really amazing experience and I learned a lot from it. 

When I first found out about trek I wasn't really looking forward to going because it's a lot of walking and hiking and I knew it would be hard for me. But when I found out who my family was going to be I got really excited. My young women's leader and her husband were my ma and pa and then I had friends from the ward in my family too. Another blessing was that my dad was able to come up too so he was able to help me when I needed it. 



The first day we hiked up to camp and set our tents and things up. It was nice because we hiked in a figure 8 so we only had to set up camp once. And there was catered food so we ate well. 

The second day we had the Women's Pull. This was an amazing thing and something I will remember for the rest of my life. We were first and when we were going up the final hill we got stuck on a rock. So the cart started rolling backwards and I seriously thought it was going to roll me over! And of course all the guys are standing at the top so they couldn't help. But we finally made it up and were able to go back and help the others.

And I thought about how this experience is like our lives. Sometimes we go through hard things and others like our family and friends can only do so much to help us, but when we make it through we are able to go back and help others avoid our mistakes and do the best they can. 

I'm very grateful for the opportunity I had to go on trek. I learned a lot about myself and that I'm able to hard things (I walked the whole way). And I am so grateful for my pioneer ancestors and all that they went through so that I could have the life that I have today. 



Always have hope,




Colby



You Might Also Like

0 comments