Nauvoo Pageant 2016

Back in January I wrote about my family's opportunity to be in the Nauvoo and British pageants. Well we just got back last week and it was an amazing experience. At first I was a little hesitant about the 8 hour practices and our busy schedules, but it didn't even feel that bad because we were having such a wonderful time.

Since it was so great, I could probably hundreds of posts and talk about all of the amazing things that too place. But I will spare you and just share some of the things that stood out to me and the feelings that I had.

As we were talking as a district and family on the last day about the things we had  learned, the main theme seemed to be kindness and positivity, as well as unity. This was something that really impressed me from day 1. I could feel so much love and support from everyone, and I'm very grateful that I could experience that because it made all the difference.


The core cast is so incredibly talented and they are so patient as they work with us. I was amazed at how positive and kind they were as they were teaching. If 
we made a mistake or weren't getting something, they would kindly ask us to try again. It helped me to realize that I need to be more positive and kind, even if I don't always feel like it. 



Another thing that was emphasized was missionary work. Before we went we were set apart as special representatives of the Church for the duration of the pageants. I felt like I was a missionary and had a special duty to perform. We were part of the country fair that had fun pioneer games for families to do before the pageants began. The last week we had the chance to do missionary work on the grounds. It was really fun to talk to people about why they came to Nauvoo and their feelings about the pageants. Some youth in our cast had some cool experiences. 

I'm very grateful for the experience I had in Nauvoo and how much my testimony was strengthened. The people that I meant were so wonderful and have blessed my life in ways they will never know. Over the next few weeks I will probably share some more experiences that I had, but these are just some that stood out to me. And I even got the chance to talk about it in church yesterday with another friend from my cast! I love Nauvoo!





Always have hope,





Colby

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh this makes me so sad and happy at the same time!! Oh how I miss it every day. But I am so so glad we were in the same cast and eternally grateful for the influence you had on my life xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so totally stalking your blog rn! But anyways You are amazing and I'm so happy we got to meet this years and for the eternal friendship we will always have!!! Also thanks for including me in your picture!!��

    ReplyDelete