The Joy of Service

I gained a stronger testimony and a greater love for and desire to give service while I was in Nauvoo. My parents have taught me and my brothers since we were very young about how important it is to give service. It really makes a big difference in people's lives, in ways you can't even in imagine.

But sometimes it's hard to give service willingly. When I was younger, I didn't really like giving service because I felt it took too long and I wasn't getting anything out of it. But as I've gotten older and had a lot of service opportunities with Now I Can and other things and I've come to realize that service isn't about time or recognition, it's about showing unconditional love for others.

One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah 2:17, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." I think this really puts service in perspective. We are not doing it for ourselves, it is about those we are serving.

In Nauvoo  it was all about service. Doing the pageant was a service to everyone in the audience. I knew that I was being blessed by this service because I could feel the Spirit that was there and how it was impacting their lives.

There was also a lot of service given within the cast. I've never felt so much love and kindness from anyone and I'm very grateful for that. Even though it's important to serve others, sometimes you have to accept that you might need to be served yourself.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to give and receive service, It can bring us so much happiness and joy as we bring it to others.


Always have hope,




Colby




You Might Also Like

0 comments