LDS

Beautiful Music

Last month we had a really awesome mutual activity about the power of music. This guy named Cody Duncan came to talk to us about the things he has learned about how music influences our brains. He shared a study that was really interesting to me. They had plants that were listening to 2 different types of music and the plants that were listening to the calmer music thrived more than the ones listening to the rock music. After I heard this I started thinking about what music can do to our brains.

As much as I love music, I do have to admit that the music that is out there these days is not that great. But sometimes I don't think we recognize that the music is not good because it is what is played on the radio and what "everyone listens to. But I always like to remember that "The world's standards are not the Lords' standards.' So even though it may be popular, that doesn't mean it's good and that we should be listening to it. And I think this applies to all media such as movies, books, social media apps etc. We need to be very careful of what we put in our brains.

Cody shared some things that we can think about as we are listening to and choosing music. We need to listen to the words, emotion, and beat of the song. In most cases one or two of these, but we should make sure that all of these are considered and that we find good music.

After hearing this, I really started to think about the music that I listen to and how it is affecting me. And I really hope that you can do the same thing and we can all listen to good music!

This is one of my favorite videos! These two are amazing singers and make this hymn so fun. I hope you enjoy and think about the service you can think about the service you can do. 

Have I Done Any Good?

Always have hope,








Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments