Guest Post: Amanda Nelson

This is a guest post from one of my good friends Amanda and I wanted to share it as we are going back to school to provide some motivation and confidence. Thanks, Amanda!



At the beginning of August for one of our mutual activities, we had a back to school laurels panel. This activity had been in the making for a while now and I was getting so excited for it to finally be here! In the weeks prior we had handed out questionnaires to the young women to write down any questions they might have about dating, school, work or really anything at all. Those of us who were seniors in high school would have the opportunity to then answer all of these questions. As the night drew closer I was still super stoked to answer all of the questions. But also felt a little inadequate to do so. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to answer the questions or that the girls would walk away feeling unsatisfied with how the evening went. But I didn't let this stop me. I knew my Heavenly Father would help guide our answers and that we would be able to create and accomplish the activity He wanted.

The night was an amazing success! And I truly think it turned out better than I ever could have imagined. I know the spirit was there as we shared our thoughts, advice, and insight on things we had learned over the years. the young women asked such great questions. examples of some are... "why shouldn't we steady date? how can I motivate myself to get homework done?"

Some questions I didn't have experience in and was grateful to have others with me to share and answer them. But with other questions, I had personal experiences and strong testimonies of. As I talked to these young women and answered their questions I could feel the spirit there guiding me in what to say. After the activity was finished I reflected on it feeling so satisfied with how it had gone. I realized I actually knew a lot more than I thought and also realized that I had learned a lot over the years. I figured it would be beneficial to me if I listened to my own advice and strived to remember the lessons I've learned to help me in my future. I am so grateful for the gospel and for tests and trials in my life. I'm grateful I can be here on this earth to learn and grow, so one day I can become like my Heavenly Father. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments