Now I Can Run to Walk 2017

This weekend I participated in one of my favorite events of the year. My family's foundation Now I Can had its annual Run to Walk. This is a 5k and one-mile run for the patients and community, the proceeds go directly to benefit kids getting physical therapy. So it's lots of fun and a great cause!

My mom, as well as the rest of the Now I Can staff and volunteers, put in a lot of work in the months and weeks before the run, but then my family gets to come early Saturday morning to help set up. (Which is one of my favorite parts.) We set up the tables and registration and got everything organized and ready. This year we tried a new route along the river trail so we wouldn't interfere with traffic and it turned out great!

We had an excellent turnout this year with a lot of our patient's families and members of the community. There was an awesome scout group that had games for the young kids that were a big hit. Miss Provo and Miss Springville were there to cheer on the runners. And we had delicious food!

I walked one mile with my uncles from Colorado, my aunt, and my brother. I had a great time at the run visiting and interacting with family and friends I hadn't seen in a while. I think the Run to Walk was an amazing success and thanks to everyone who worked very hard to make it so. (Especially my mom!)


Always have hope,






Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments