General Conference Weekend

Easter weekend was super amazing not only because it was Easter but because of GENERAL CONFERENCE! I had been anticipating the upcoming General Conference for months because of our chance to participate in the solemn assembly. And I love the opportunity to get direction from the Lord’s prophets and Apostles. Plus, I had family come from out of town who could experience these momentous occasions with us.


The solemn assembly had a different spirit than anything I’ve ever felt before. I gained a confirmation that President Nelson has been called to lead the church now and he will direct us in the way we need to go. I enjoyed watching each group of individuals raise their hands to sustain the new First Presidency. My friend shared that as she was driving she saw many people in the cars nearby raise their hands collectively to sustain them. I’m grateful I could participate in this sweet experience.

There were many wonderful changes announced during this conference. The High Priests and Elders Quorum will now be combined into one quorum which I think is a great opportunity for them to learn from each other. What we used to call home and visiting teaching will now be recognized as ministering. This is a great way for us to focus on the needs of those around us and cater to those. And the young women 14 and older get to participate in this as well so I’m excited to do my part to hasten the work of salvation.

Before and during General Conference I kept wondering if they were going to announce any new temples. There had already been some changes and I wasn’t sure if they were going to announce anymore. BUT… the last talk of the Sunday Afternoon Session, President Nelson announced 7 NEW TEMPLES!!!!!
*Salta, Argentina
*Bengaluru, India
*Managua, Nicaragua
*Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
*Layton, Utah
*Richmond, Virginia
*Some major city in Russia

I’m so excited about all the exciting things announced and the events that will take place in the upcoming months and years. I loved the opportunity to listen to General Conference and gain a stronger testimony. If you haven’t had the chance to see, read, or watch conference; I encourage you to do so here. Over the next couple of months, as I read over the talks again, I will try to put quotes in each of my posts so we can remember to study them. I hope you all have a great week and remember GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!!

Conference Quote:


Always have hope,





Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments