A Tribute to my Cats

I'm sorry I didn't write on Monday or Wednesday. I have been sick the past couple of days and it has been a very busy week with lots of things going on. I would like to tell you a little bit about my busy week by making a tribute to my two Siamese cats.

 Their names are Buddy and Slider, and my family has had them for about five years now. I have loved having them and spending time with them. This is the story of how we got them. 

When I was younger I had a habit of going into my parents' room in the middle of the night and sleeping there until morning. We tried a lot of things to break the habit, but we couldn't do anything to break it. One day while I was at therapy, someone mentioned kittens, and I told my dad that I had always wanted a cat. He then told me that if I stayed in my bed for 6 months (it was later changed to 2 months) than I could get a cat. If that wasn't motivation than I don't know what is!

We ran it by my mom and she said it would be fine. My brother made my a chart to keep track, and I would put a sticker every day that I did it. Finally after 2 months, I had accomplished my goal. My mom found some cats online and we went to get one. 

When we got there we couldn't decide between two of them that we loved a lot. So my parents were nice enough to let us get both baby kittens. It was so fun to take them home and play with them that first night. 


I have many many great memories with these cats. As you can see sometimes I could get them to pose for pictures. Even though they could sometimes be stubborn and not be very friendly, most of the time they were really nice and loved spending time with people.  


But after my neighbors moved in next to us, some problems started to begin. My neighbors had put in a sandbox for their grand kids to play in. And as you can probably guess, the cats loved the sand box too. And pretty soon that became their new favorite place. It then made it harder for the kids who wanted to play in it. We tried everything to try and get them to stay out, but nothing would work.   


Pretty soon my parents told me that we would need to find the  cats a new home. At first it was really hard for me to accept this, but I eventually realized that the cats would probably be happier in another place. 


A couple of days ago my parents told us that a friend of ours had some friends who have a farm and were willing to take the cats. Although it was really hard to let them go, I know that they will have a lot of fun and adventure at their new home on the farm!


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ah Buddy and Slider! They were good to you! And now they are loving farm life. To each a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete