Celebrating Easter and General Conference!!

This weekend was a very important weekend for me and my family. I always look forward to this weekend because I get to spend time with my family and listen to important messages. It was General Conference! And a bonus is that it was also Easter!

For those of you who don't know what General Conference is, it is a time when members of the LDS church get together to hear messages from our prophets and apostles. It takes place over Saturday and Sunday, when there are four sessions. There are also Priesthood and General Women's at other times around General Conference.

To start off our General Conference and Easter weekend, we went to my grandma's house for breakfast and an egg hunt. It was really fun to spend some time with my family to begin the Easter holiday. 

Then we came home to watch the first session of General Conference. I was really glad to be able to hear these inspiring messages. We spent the rest of the day as a family along with a trip to the BYU Store and visits from some friends!

Then on Sunday we started with our Sunday tradition of making orange rolls for breakfast. Then we watched the final sessions of General Conference. It was a pretty exciting day, one of the awesome things that was announced at Conference was the building of 3 new LDS temples beginning this year. 

I really enjoyed watching General Conference this weekend and spending time with my family as we celebrate Easter and the resurrection of Jesus. I'm grateful to have the gospel in my life and for all of the things that He has done for me in my life. I'm grateful that I have His Atonement in my life and the ways it is able to help me. I know that because He lives I can be forgiven of my sins and be with my family forever. I'm grateful for this Easter season. 


Always have hope,

Colby


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE TOO! :D Thanks for posting about your great weekend.

    ReplyDelete