Teen Author Boot Camp

This last Saturday my brother Logan and I got to go to a really fun event. We went to Teen Author Boot Camp. It was my second year going and my brothers first year. This camp is really good for writers because we went to a bunch of different classes from local authors to teach us how to be better authors.

We took some really cool classes like map making, the art of villians and thievery, as well as how to write an awesome story. My favorite class that we took was probably the class we took from Brandon Sanderson. If was rally fun to have him there! Even though I haven't read any of his books, I could tell he was a really good author and that made me want to read his books more.

He talked about how to start a story. He taught us how to make outlines so that we can understand the story before we put it down on paper. I always forget that I need to have the outline of my story and know what's goung to happen so I don't get stuck in the middle!

I really enjoyed going to Teen Author Boot Camp. I learned a lot more about how I could be a better author and make my stories more interesting. It was fun to learn more about writing and spend time with my brother.

Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So glad you came and enjoyed yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These types of conferences, camps, and classes make me so excited! How cool that you got to go and get pumped to embrace your writing skills even more. You should write a story and post it in segments on your blog!! We will all be hanging by a thread, just waiting for the next installment. :)

    ReplyDelete