Cheer Camp

This week we had our cheer camp. I was kind of concerned about it because the summer practices were really hard for me and so I was worried ahoy what we would do at camp and how I would do with it! But it went great! 

We had three camp counselors that came to help us from UCA. They were really awesome and taught me so many things and I feel more confident now that I have learned from them!

I felt that our team really progressed a lot during the week. We are a lot more solid with the stunts and the cheers are awesome! I think it helped everyone feel more confident with what they were doing so they could get it down better. 

My favorite part of camp was when we did team building activities. It was fun to get to know the rest of my squad better and learn lessons about how to stay close as a team and how we can all help each other and be there for each other.

We also two sleepovers as part of camp. These were the first two sleepovers I've ever had so it was fun to have two in one week. And one of them was even at my house! I really enjoyed these sleepovers because it was another way to get to know the girls better. At one of the sleepovers, we did what is called a love line where we hug each other and say what we love about them. I really enjoyed getting to know the other girls on my team. 

I had a great time at cheer camp this week. Even though it was long and some of it was hard, I still feel like I improved with a lot of the things we were working on. And it helped build my stamina up for games! I made a ton of new friends and my love grew for all of the girls on my team. Camp made me so much more excited to be a cheerleader this year! Go provo!        



Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments