Lessons I Learned from my First Week as a Freshman

Last week was my first week in high school! I was kind of nervous but mostly excited to have a new experience. As always with new things, I learned a few lessons about navigating your way through high school. 


Don't be Afraid to Ask Questions

Before the first day I thought I had some of an idea of where I was going and what I was doing, turns out that was NOT true! I got lost on my way to just about half of my classes and had to ask random people for help. I felt kind of awkward at first, but by the end of the day I realized that a lot of people didn't know where they were going, and it's better to ask someone, then just stand there being awkward!

Try to Avoid Standing in line at the Office for 1 Hour!

So funny story here!:) Again, I didn't know where I was supposed to go for my next class, and had basically wandered around the whole school when I decided to call my friend and ask for help! She came and found me and we figured out I was going to the wrong class! Heading to my right class, I tripped up the stairs! (Luckily there was no one in the hallway!) When I got to my class, there were too many people, so she sent some of us to the counseling office to switch classes. After I waited there for an hour, they told me to come back the next day! So that was fun!

I Love my Friends!

On that note, I'm so grateful for all of my friends! I'm happy that I know a good amount of people there that can help me find where I'm going. It also helps because I see more people in the hallway and that helps me feel more comfortable.

High School is Fun

And last but not least I learned that high school is fun. You have a lot more opportunities to participate in things than you do in middle school. And you can create lasting friendships and memories. I'm already grateful to be out of middle school! I think this will be a great year!



Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments