Strengthening Family Ties

This last week I was at a family reunion in Sunriver, Oregon. I had such a fun time and was able to grow closer to my family. I also learned some things about the importance of family relationships in our lives. 

One of the activities that we did really helped me learn the need for families to work together. We went white water rafting. There are nine people in a raft, with at least six paddling. The two in the front have to work together, and then everyone else follows them. 



I related this to our families. Parents work in the front of the raft to paddle their families through the white waters of life. Their children paddle behind them. Unless everyone works together, the raft can't get through to safety, just as in life! 

I also learned how special it is to spend time with your family. Your relationships will grow stronger the more time you find to spend with your family. We all have things we can learn from each other that can make us better people, which will make a stronger family. 

In the Family Proclamation to the World it states,  "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

I believe that this is very important and that families will be a lot happier when following these standards. And with the events going on in the world today, I think it is even more vitally important to recognize the significance of families. The family unit is an amazing thing to have in the world today. It is a source of strength and comfort through hard times, and so much happiness can be gained from it. 

I'm very grateful for the opportunity I had to spend time with my family this week. It helped me really understand how important families are and how big of a difference they make in my life. I hope I can continue to strengthen my relationships with my family so that we can all be a greater influence in each other's life's.   


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments