Defend Til' The End

Yesterday JV played their first football game of the season! I was really excited to cheer at the game, but nervous too once I realized what was really happening! We took the bus up go Payson and then got ready for the game. It was really hot when we got there and we were in black uniforms so I was a little worried about the weather. 


The game got off to a great start. Before we even had our Pom's on and were ready to go we ran for a hundred yard touchdown. We were just nonstop after that. We would find ways to get around them and score but not let them get passed us! 

Since I can't hold the Pom in my right hand very well, my cheer coach and I figured out a way that we could make it work. We put a ponytail around the handle so I could hook my fingers through it. It was kind of hard to keep on because I was moving around so much but I was grateful I had it. It made me feel a lot more comfortable cheering. 

It rained a little bit and was cool for the first half so that was nice to not have to cheer in the sun. And I felt pretty comfortable with most of the cheers, it just gets hard when they are sped up. And the crowd seemed to be getting into some of the cheers and doing them will us, so that was fun!

The ending score was 44-13. I was really proud of them for holding their own even when it was hard. And no one got it so that was good! I think this was a very good first game to cheer for me to cheer at because we won, and because the refs didn't make any bad calls so I didn't have to feel like yelling! I had lots of fun at the first game!  

Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments