Home is Where the Heart Is

I’ve been thinking over the past couple days about my brothers and how I can strengthen my relationships with them and the rest of my family. Since we are going to be together forever, I think it’s pretty important that we get along with each other!

I read this article the other day about how to get along with your siblings. They listed 5 ways to have a happy family and a good time at home. Some of these I had never thought of before that could make a difference in your life, but I’m going to try it.

Talk With Each Other

In the article they talk about talking to one another about your goals, fears, hopes, dreams, etc. I think this is very important because then you can try to understand them and help them to accomplish their goals and dreams. “The more you understand them, the clearer it will become to you how Heavenly Father sees and loves them.”

Encourage Each Other

I think this is a very important one because I always feel better about myself and feel more loved if I know I’m encouraged and supported. And I know that it is also important to my brothers that they are supported too. That’s why we try and make an effort to make it to all of the games and activities of my brother's so that they feel supported. 

Forgive Each Other

I'm also going to say with this one that you respect each other. Sometimes it can be really hard to get along with your siblings because you've been together for so long and you know how to bug each other, but this is a very important thing to do. It is also vital that we forgive each other because we all make mistakes and we need to recognize that others do to! 

Serve Each Other

I've heard many times that when you serve others you forget about your own trials and struggles. As I've tried to do more service I have come to realize this. I really like this quote from President Gordon B. Hinkley. "The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." I think this applies very well to service because the home is a great opportunity to do it! 

Have Fun Together

I think enjoying spending time together can be a great way to strengthen family and sibling relationships. Participate in an activity you all like and just try and have some fun with each other. I think we will remember most the really fun experiences we've had with our siblings and families. 

I'm very grateful for my brother's and all the joy that they bring to my life. Even though we don't always get along perfectly, we still have a lot of amazing memories. They've taught me so much about how to be a better person in all aspects of my life! Love you boys!! 



Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments