Journaling

I want to talk about one of my favorite things in the world; journal writing. I'm very passionate about this because I love to write and this is a great way for me to express how I feel. 

Many prophets and apostles in the LDS Church (Mormons) have counseled a lot on journal writing. They've talked about the importance of keeping a record for yourself and your posterity to read in the future. I think this is important because then you can look back and read some of the experiences you've had, and also learn more about your ancestors. 

This is one of my favorite quotes on journaling is from President Spencer W. Kimball. "Your journal should contain your true self rather than a picture of you when you are "made up" for a public performance. 

I think this is a great reminder that we need to be ourselves in our journals. If you really think about it, there's no reason to be anybody else. Another thing I really like to do with my journals is go back and read what I have previously written. It's fun to read the funny things that I've said, but it's neat to see how I have grown and changed throughout my journals.

One thing I really like to do with journaling is always find ways to improve. I have a board on Pinterest for journaling and it is one of my favorites! I like to find prompts and fun ideas that make journaling less "writing".

Sometimes It is hard for me to remember to write about the experiences and impressions I have because I'm often so busy. But I read something that we should try to write at least one thing about each day just so we can have the memory. 

I think it's very important to realize that there is not just one correct way to do a journal. Something that I often struggle with the want and need of perfection! But the important thing is that we record our ideas and struggles and how we got through them. 

I'm very grateful for journaling and the abilities that I have to record the important and little details of my life. I hope that you can take this opportunity to start a journal if you haven't already and use it to improve yourself and become a better person!





Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments