A Year in Review

Happy New Year! I am so excited for a new year. I love this time because it gives us a chance to put the past year in review and make goals for the new one. I love making New Year's Resolutions because it is good for me to know what I want to accomplish this year.

In looking at everything that I have done this past year, these are a few of my favorite things from 2014.

In February my family and I went to California and spent some time in San Diego and Disneyland. It was great to go visit some new places and spend time with my family.



Also in February I participated in the Miss Amazing Pageant, a pageant for girls and women with disabilities. It was a great experience for me and a good chance to meet other girls my age. I was nervous to be on stage, so it felt good to face that fear.  I shared a little statue of a cat that I made.  I learned that it's okay to be different and that we can all learn from each other.








In May I completed my seventh grade year. It was hard at first to adjust to the new environment and other things that come from being in middle school, but overall it was a really good experience for me.

In June I had the amazing opportunity to visit Washington DC with a school group. It was so awesome to be able to learn more about our country and the amazing events and people who have made our country what it is today.



In June I also had the chance to go to Girls Camp with the girls from my church. It was great because we got to learn more about Jesus and spend time together. I learned that it is important to spend time with your friends and get to know them better, and it's always good to be in nature. Here I am sucking the juice from a lemon with a candy stick!

In July we went to Oregon to visit my family there. It was so much fun to spend time with my cousins and grandparents because I don't get to see them very often. What I learned from this experience is that you need to cherish all the time you spend with your family.


In August I started 8th grade. It was great to be back in school and with my friends. I knew it was going to be a fun school year because my brother joined me at middle school this year!


In September I turned 14! I was so excited to be older and do the things I can now do at 14.


In November I had a fun Thanksgiving at my house. We had lots of good food and plenty of football after! Thanksgiving is a great time to spend with your family and be thankful.


In December I enjoyed a delightful Christmas morning with lots of smiles and hugs all around.



More fun pics from 2014!




I'm grateful for all the fun I had and the things I experienced in 2014. I learned a lot and I am looking forward to having a great 2015!! I'd love to hear your favorite memories from 2014. Comment below.


Always have hope,
Colby


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. One of my favorite memories of 2014 is being your neighbor (literally in your basement!), and another is watching the Isabel American Girl movie with you because it gave me inspiration to name Clara. ;)
    Ps: Colby that picture of you when you turned 14 is lovely. And in the picture with the Indian statue, nice photo bomb to Logan!

    ReplyDelete