Family Temple Trip

My grandparents were here visiting a few weeks ago and I had a vey special experience. Family history is something that a lot of people in my church do in order to find our ancestors and discover our genealogy. My grandma especially is very into doing family history and finding family names for us to take to the temple and do their work. 


She had found quite a few family names that were closely related to. Since my brother Logan and I are the only ones older than 12, we are the only ones who can go to the temple and do the names. I was excited because I had never been able to go to the temple with my parents and grandparents. So there were three generations! 

I also got to experience another new thing. My church just organized this new family time in the temple where you can bring in your family names and you are the only ones in there. It was really nice because I just got to be with my family. 

It was a really neat experience being able to be baptized for family members I had heard so much about. My grandma said it was also a fun experience for her because she had never been to the temple with any of her grandchildren. 

I am grateful for family history and the ability that we have with the technology and all of the resources that we have to be able to discover information about our ancestors. I'm also grateful that I have the ability to go to the temple with my family and do family history work.  


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! What a neat experience. Definitely one to remember often to keep you inspired about the family history work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete