My Choir Festivals

Yesterday I had a really fun day! I had the opportunity to go to UVU with my school choir to participate in a festival. This has been my first year being in a full year choir and being able to do things like this. I really enjoy singing and sharing my love for music with others.


Last month my choir did another festival at my school. We had another festival where we hosted another school's orchestras' and choirs' so we could hear them sing. We also got to be judged so that we could know what we could do better next time.

It was really fun for me to be able to hear the other choirs sing. They were really good amd had a great sound. But this was definitely my favorite performance so far because it was so fun sitting there with my choir watching everyone else and then singing ourselves! 

Today three of our school choirs got to go to UVU to perform in front of judges. It was really fun to hear the other choirs perform songs that they've been working so hard on. But what was really cool was when we got to hear the judges' comments about the things that they could do better next time. Some of them were really insightful. 

When it came time for my choir to sing I was really excited. I think hearing everyone else sing and getting more comfortable so I would not be as nervous. I think we did pretty well. I did feel like I was going to pass out during the second song, but I composed myself so I didn't! 

The judge made some very interesting comments to us. Some of them went against some of the things we had been taught. But overall I think the things he told us will help us more in our next performance. I really enjoyed performing with my choir. 


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I like your attitude about the judge's comments. Take what you can to make you better, and don't get ruffled by anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete