Welcome to Cheerleading!

I learned some pretty exciting news last week after a couple of hard days of practice. I made it into the cheer squad for Provo High next year! I'm really excited and looking forward to the opportunity I have to cheer on my school and make some new friends.

I decided that it would be fun to try out for cheer, I decided just a couple of days before tryouts. I knew even if I didn't make it, it would still be a fun experience excercising and learning the stuff. I worked really hard to learn the dance and cheer proficiently. A lot of the dance moves were really fast and kind of hard for me to do, but I just tried my best!

The day of the tryouts was a little bit nerve racking. When I got there everyone was practicing the dance with no music, so I just jumped right in! I was in the third group of freshman to try out so I got some time to practice with my group before I went in. 

When I went into the gym to try out, things were kind of interesting. They had the three girls rally onto the floor. Then they had us do our toe touch. (Since I can't do a toe touch, I just tried the best I could ad tried to get my legs up!) Then we got to do an optional jump and I just jumped in the air. I think I did pretty good on the dance and the cheer. It was a really good experience trying out. 

We came back to the school around 7:00 to see the girls that made it. As we pulled up I immefiately saw my number! I was really excited and I went to check what other girls made it. One of my best friends is only going to be on there with me so I am really excited to get to spend more time with her.  

The next morning my mom woke me up at 5:00 in the morning! She told me that as part of tradition, they were having a breakfast for all of the cheerleaders. We went and picked up my friend and went to one of the senior's houses. When we got there a lot of the girls were already there because they had been "kidnapping" people since midnight. They had a really good breakfast and then we did some activitues to get to know each other. 

The bathrooms were really crazy as everyone was trying to get ready for school! Since the majority of the girls on the squad already go to Provo High, they took everyone there for a little bit. We got to do a couple of fun activities and then pass out suckers to people coming to school. As part of the fun activities they each of us a cheer shirt and a tiara that we had to wear for the rest of the day to let people know we're in cheer. 

I'm looking forward to doing cheerleading next year. I think it will be a really good experience for me to cheer on my school and make some new friends. Yay for cheerleading! 


Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Awesome! So excited that you made it, you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and I am excited to see you cheer!!

    ReplyDelete