Enjoy the Journey

Just a fun fact. Today is National Rock Road Day! So you should all go and get Rocky Road ice cream and other treats to celebrate!!

I've been thinking for the past couple of months about the purpose of doing good things in life and making the most of it. I feel that this quote from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf describes perfectly what I've been thinking about.
 



I think that often we get so caught up in the things we have to do and accomplish in life that we forget to enjoy the fun of it along the way. It's good to remember that we came here for a purpose, but it's also important to remember that we need to enjoy ourselves and be happy while we are here on earth. 

Like the quote says, we can sometimes become focused on the "finish line" that we forget to have fun along the way. There is so much that we can do in life in order to bring happiness to ourselves and others that can help us enjoy the journey. 

One way the helps me to enjoy the journey is to give service to others. When I do something for someone else it makes me happier because I know that I have made them happier. We can do service in many simple ways from smiling at a stranger to helping a neighbor with yard work. I also like this quote "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

I hope that we can all find ways to enjoy the journey. There are so many great things in this life that we can all enjoy. And we can help those around us to enjoy life too by sharing the things we love and being kind. 

What are some ways you enjoy the journey?


Always have hope,
Colby



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I eat yummy treats along the way! ;)

    And...I make friends (like you) who are on a journey too, and usually they help bring my focus to the here and now instead of always focusing on the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete