Welcome Roxy!

Today as I was struggling for something to write about, Cooper suggested that I write about my new pet Roxy! 


A couple of months ago I did a tribute to my cats Buddy and Slider. We had to get rid of them because they were causing troubles with the neighbors sand box! It was really hard for me to accept that I was going to have to get rid of them because we have had them for such a long time and I love them so much!! 

Finally after many weeks of trying to find someone to give them to (which tore with my emotions a little bit) my mom let me know that a friend of ours has a friend that owns a ranch that would be willing to take them. This was kind of hard to deal with at first because the ranch is kind of far away, but then I realized that they would be happy there, and at least they would be together. 

Then my mom proceeded to tell us they our friend's daughter has a cat named Roxy, but then she went off to college so the cat had no one to hang out with. As soon as she mentioned the Roxy I started screaming because I knew what she was getting at. I thought it was really nice of my parents to let me get another cat after we had just had two. And she would even be an indoor cat. 

The next couple of days were so long for me as I was preparing for Roxy. I got my room all ready so she would be comfortable when she got there. 

The night she was brought to my house I could tell she was nervous. The boys and I were petting her and talking to her trying to calm her down. But she did pretty good considering it was her first time in a new place. She really liked to go under my bed for some alone time. These are some pictures from her first night. 






I have really enjoyed having Roxy. It is really fun to have her in my room and to be able to hang out with her all day. She is really friendly and enjoys getting her belly rubbed and coming up on my bed with me. I'm glad I have a new friend. 





Always have hope,
Colby


You Might Also Like

1 comments