Girls Camp 2015

Sorry I haven't written for a while, I really need daily reminders! But I recently had a fun experience that I wanted to tell you about. I went to Girls Camp. 


For those of you who don't know, Girls Camp is something that my church does during the summer for the young women. We go up to camp Mia Shalom for a week to have spiritual experiences and have a good time in nature. 

This year our theme was We Embark in the Service of God. This came from the youth theme this year, Doctrine and Covenants 4:2. I thought this would be a great experience to learn about service and to get closer to Jesus. 

We stayed in cabins and did many fun activities every day. Personally, I don't like sleeping in the cabins. I miss my warm bed, especially since it's super cold at night! And it can get really crowded with all the girls in one cabin! 

Every day had a different theme. Since our theme involved the youth scripture this year we just rotated through the words heart, might, mind, and strength. I really liked this because it allowed me to learn about and look at each value. 

I really enjoyed the activities we did this year. We did a lot that involved with thinking positive thoughts and not letting Satan put negative things into our heads. This was a good thing for me because I often struggle with not thinking positively. 

My favorite activity that we did was when we learned about love on the first day. We did a lot of ward connecting activities that made it so we would all learn to love and trust each other. These activities also helped me learn about my love for the Savior and how much he loves us. I also loved the hike that we did. I got to ride up in a Jeep! 


I especially loved all the ward time that we got. We all got to bond a lot more than we have in the past. Not only was I able to learn to love and get to know the girls in my cabin, but a lot of the Beehives and younger girls in our ward became some of my new best friends! I think our ward has become closer because of this experience. 

Testimony meeting on Friday night was absolutely amazing. Members of the bishopric came up to bring us dinner and than stayed for the meeting. I've learned to love the silent times as we were waiting for people to say something. It really helps you to feel the Spirit and focus on what you're feeling, and not just what you are hearing. Lots of testimonies were born about The Book of Mormon and the family. It really affirmed my testimony of those things. 

I really enjoyed Girls Camp this year and all the things that I learned. I really feel that my relationship with Jesus has grown and I've learned how to do more service and how important that is. I also enjoyed increasing my friendships and relationships with the girls in my ward and stake. 

I'm going on a church history trip soon and I'm really excited about it. I will be posting pictures after we get back and tell you all about it. 

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments