My Tribute to Washington DC



To commemorate the students from my school leaving on the Washington DC trip, I thought I would write about my experience going to DC last year. I have good memories from that trip and my knowledge definitely grew while I was there. 

My school gives 30 kids every year the opportunity to go to Washington DC. Every student who would like to go has to write an essay explaining why they want to go. 

At first I was really nervous to go on the trip because I really don't like being away from home.  But then I realized that it would be a good experience for me.

One of the first hand things I learned on the trip was the challenge of having roommates.  At first it was fun, but then when they stayed up until two in the morning, it got kind of hard.  I wasn't quite ready for roommates.



I really liked seeing all of the sights around DC.  Things that I had heard so much about I was finally able to see in person.  As part of our preparation to go on the trip I got to study about a lot of the places we were going to go.  My parents also got me some books and some other sources to study from.




We got to see many amazing places like the White House, the Capitol Building, the Library of Congress, the Pentagon Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, the World War Memorials, and more.  A few of my favorites were the White House (we even got a tour inside), the Pentagon Memorial, and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.





I really had fun going to DC and seeing all of the amazing sights.  I learned a lot, as well as made some new friends.  I gained a new love for learning about history and more about our country.  I'm glad I got the chance to go.




Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments