Let the Games Begin!

Both yesterday and today my brother is having a football tournament. He plays on a 7 on 7 team with some boys from school that also play on his tackle team. 7 on 7 is kind of like flag football, except with no flags. You don't wear any pads and you just play two hand touch, basically. 

Football is one of my favorite sports, especially when I get to watch my brother play. I love all of the action and intensity that happens in the game. You can always know you're going to enjoy the game because something good always happens. And Logan's team is really good and I enjoy watching them. 

The thing that I dislike the most about these tournaments is how long it takes them to get started. Last night we sat there for almost an hour before anything happened! We were scheduled to play 4 games to seed us for today's games. The first game we won easily by about 20 points. It's really fun to watch them play together because they work so well.





 The last game was kind of interesting. It started getting dark before, but they weren't turning the stadium lights on. We were supposed to have another game after, but we knew that wasn't going to happen because it would be too dark. But we kept playing even though it was dark and wed couldn't see anything! The other game that was going on ended because it was getting too dark for them. At one point someone got hurt and we thought they were going to stop it, but the game went on! It ended in a tie, and then the final games were today. 

This morning we ended up playing only 1 game because there were only 4 teams who showed up! We played the same team from last night, who's also the other number 1 team and beat them 64-0! 

I enjoyed watching them play and seeing how hard they've worked. This is going to be the beginning of many football games this school year! So I'm really excited! I love football!  


Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments