America the Beautiful

I'd like to take a minute and talk about how much this country means to me, with this Fourth of July holiday, even though it's kind of late!! 


I think sometimes we don't adequately express everything that America is to us. But if we really think about it, this country is everything to us. We wouldn't have this lifestyle and be the people we are without the things we've experienced here. 

I never had realized how much I love this country until the past couple of years. As I've heard and learned about the things that are going on and how hard our soldiers work and fight for us. 

Something that has helped me with that is actually related to Girls Camp. Every day we have a flag ceremony where we put the flag up and we have patriotic thoughts from different girls in the stake. And on the last night when we retire the flag, we have a few men from the stake that are scouts, that help us retire it. They always share something about how much the flag means to them and what it represents for our country. 

I've always learned to love and appreciate the flag and what it means for our country. We learned what each of the colors in the flag mean, and it really brought back the meaning of the flag for me. Now every time that I see the fogs flying I think of how much I love America. 

I've also gained a greater appreciation and trust in the soldiers who fight for our country. I'm learning to understand the great sacrifices that they makes and how hard they work to fight for our country. We wouldn't be able to have the freedoms and things that we have in this country without them. 

I'm honestly so grateful for this country and all that it means for me. I have sometimes taken for granted the freedoms that we have and the things that we are able to do, but lately I've realized how blessed we are in all that we have. I love America!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments