Spirit Bowl

Last week at school we had the Spirit Bowl at school. For many years up to my attending high school, I've heard about the Spirit Bowl and how much fun it is for everybody. 

So the way that it works is each of the classes are separated into different groups based on the theme of the year. This year it was music genres. PUPS: Classical, Freshmen: Country, Sophomores: Pop, Juniors: Disco, Seniors: Rock and Roll. 

They had a bunch of activities the week including each class making a video and decorating the school. It was interesting to see because of course the seniors went all out more than the rest of us did. But it was really fun to see all the fun stuff everywhere. And they played music in the hallways of all the different genres. 

Then Friday was the Spirit Assembly. My friend and I figured out what I could wear that looked country enough, and she braided my hair so I looked really cute. 

For the assembly, the Spirit Judges were some BYU football players so that was exciting. A bunch of activities were done to showcase each of the classes and their musical genre. There was definitely lots of yelling and laughing. Some of my friends even participated. 

In the end the Freshmen ended up getting 3rd place next to the Seniors and Juniors. But it was a super fun week and has become one of my favorites of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next year!


You Might Also Like

0 comments