Olympic Recap

I really enjoyed watching the Olympics the past couple of weeks. I really wish that they came around more often than every 4 years. And summer Olympics are my favorite!

There were a lot of athletes that really surprised me and they really excelled at their sport. Simone Biles, Michael Phelps, and Katie Ledecky to name a few. I can't imagine all hard work, training, and effort that goes into being in an Olympic sport.

Some of my favorite events from the Olympics are swimming, gymnastics, track and field, and basketball. In these sports especially, you can see the hard work that is put in. I also loved learning about and seeing Rio and the beautiful city that it is.

There are two events that really stand out to me from the Olympics. Watching Simone Biles win her first gold medal was awesome, and her reaction was priceless! And especially with hearing her background story and knowing all that she's been through in her life made it even more special. And watching each consecutive medal after that was truly inspiring.

The other experience that I loved is probably one that most people didn't notice; but one that really made an impression on me. English Gardner is an American track and field Olympian who runs the 100-meter dash. She ran an amazing race and after she reached the finish line (having won a gold medal), I could read her lips as she said "Thank you God; I trust you." That was so powerful to me knowing that she trusts in Him and whatever happens is meant to happen.

I loved watching the Olympics and seeing people from all around the world come together to support this great event. The US ended up with 120 medals; so we did an amazing job. I'm looking forward to the winter Olympics and also watching the Paralympics in a few weeks. What was your favorite Olympic moment?


Always have hope,






Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments