A Fun Night of Basketball and Pizza

Last night my family and I had the opportunity to go see the Dave Rose Coaches Show live. My dad got us tickets and we were able to go to Malawi's Pizza to participate in the show. We went to one of these a few years ago except it was on campus. We ate dinner during the show. They had us fill out questions when we first got there that Coach Rose would answer later in the show.

For the first little bit, Greg Wrubbel, who was the host of the show, asked him questions about the upcoming games and what they have gotten out of their past few losses. That was kind of boring because I already knew about a lot of the stuff. But then he started talking to him about how the team was handling the different situations of some of the players in preparing for the next games. That was fun for me to here because I want to make sure the team is ready for all of their games!

 During the commercial breaks Greg would ask trivia questions and the winner would get a signed mini basketball. My brothers and I kept pressuring my dad to answer the questions. We knew that he knew what the answers were but he just didn't want to answer. Then finally he answered a question and gother wrong (even though I thought it was the right answer) but we were happy he tried.

Then halfway through the show they brought in one of the assistant coaches. I had never heard of him before but he seemed like a really nice guy. Before he came in, Coach Rose told everyone some of his responsibilities and the things that he does for the team. It seems like he does a lot and the players really like him. He was quite a funny guy and talked some funny things that have happened in his life and while he has been a coach. It was fun to listen to him. 

For the last ten minutes of the show it was time to answer the questions that we had filled out at the beginning. Six questions were chosen to be asked. My little brother Cooper's question was picked. At first he didn't want to do it, but then he got excited for it. He asked "What is your favorite game you have ever coached?" Dave responded the Gonzaga game at the championships when we beat them by more than thirty points. It was really fun to go to the show and learn more about the BYU basketball team!

 What is your favorite basketball game you've ever watched? 




Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I don't have a favorite game, but I love that Cooper's question got picked!!

    ReplyDelete