A Man's Best Friend

I have loved animals ever since I was little. For a very long time, when I would go to the library I would immediately go to the animal section, and I would check out four or five books each time. I have probably read most of the books on cats and dogs in that library! 

I love animals for a lot of reasons. I think when I was little I loved them because they were so cute and fluffy and fun to hold and cuddle with. I also liked seeing pictures and videos of them. In fourth and fifth grade, every day after school I would go home and get on Animal Planet and watch videos about cats and dogs. But I think as I've gotten older, I've realized that animals help us in a bunch of different ways.

I have two cats and a dog. The cats live outside but I still really enjoy to hold them and cuddle with them when I can. My dog is very big and fluffy. I can't hold her, but she is still really fun to snuggle with. I love having my pets around because they are so fun to play with and they bring my lots of happiness. 
Animals are friends to us. We like to hold our pets and have them close to us.

"A dog is a man's best friend" right? I think humans also like to use our pets as a comfort to us. I was reading the other night that for $65 you can register your pet as an emotional support animal and the landlords won't have to charge you for it! I thought this was pretty funny. But if you really think about it, a lot of our pets are emotional supports for us whether we think about it or not. 




Another way that animals are good for us is they guide and help us when we need it. There are many animals who are registered as guide dogs. I learned about therapy animals a few years ago, and I really like them. When I was in the hospital for surgery, I had this therapy dog come in and visit me. I really enjoyed having him come in and visit me when I was in a lot of pain and needed a friend. This is a picture of me with the therapy dog. 




I am very grateful for all of the animals in my life. My pets are a great comfort to me. They are my friends when I need them. I hope that you realize that animals are very important in our lives. Comment below your favorite thing about animals!





Always have hope,
Colby







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. As a fellow animal lover, I support this message. NIKE! BUDDY! SLIDER! :) For me, NELLIE!

    ReplyDelete