Family History

Today I would like to write about something that is very interesting and special to me. And that is family history. Family history is something that we do in my church to discover more about our ancestors. I have thought ever since I was little that we need to leave the family history work to the older generation. But it seems that lately there has been a push for the younger people to began doing this amazing work.

There are many reasons youth are now starting to get involved in family history. But I think a big one is that we know the technology. It's so amazing the things that we can find through all of the family history programs that have been created.

Another thing I like about family history is all the things you can learn about your ancestors. You can find things like marriage dates, war records, residence records, etc. There are so many people who don't know a lot about their families and this can help!

My ward has decided to start something called the Family History Project. In this project the youth will go around the ward and record the stories of the ward members so that they can have them. I think this is not only a great experience for the people we are recording the stories for, but it's good for the youth to learn more about family history. I will do an update when we finish the project and tell you how it went.

I am very grateful for family history. I just became more interested in it about a year ago, and I've loved it ever since! It is great to learn more about my family and all that they've done to get me where I am today. I hope that you are involved in family history and love it as much as I do.



Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments