Honest at All Times

I've been thinking the past couple days about the importance of telling the truth. I had a really neat experience yesterday that went along with this.

My neighbors have grandkids that come over a lot and play in the backyard that we share. So yesterday morning, one of their grandkids came to our door with his dad. In his hand he had one of our lights. He also had pieces of glass in his hand. Through his tears he explained to us that he broke it and was wondering how much it cost. My mom invited him in and we talked about it.

I was really touched by this experience. I could see that it took a lot of courage from this boy to come and tell us what he had done. Of course, we willingly forgave him and figured out what we could do to fix it.

After he left, my mom shared an experience she remembered from my brother. He had "stolen" a sucker out of a jar from my aunt without asking. He cried when my parents told him he needed to go tell her what he had done.

Now that I think about it, it is harder to apologize and tell the truth to the people who trust us and love us most. I think this is because we don't want to disappoint them and make them think less of us. But it is very important to tell them the truth so that they trust us more.

This talk teaches about the importance of being honest and telling the truth. I also think honesty and integrity have a lot to do with each other. Integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is watching. I know that it is important to be honest at all times.


Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am ashamed to say I have a story like that little boy's story. Only I was not so little. Maybe we all have a story like that. But it does help you want to always be honest, and to have compassion when someone comes to you with a broken something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have those times in our lives. But the important thing is that we overcome them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete