Noticing the Little Things

I'm sorry I didn't write on Friday. I've been busy and kind of sick lately so I'm trying to find time to get back into blogging.

Lately I've been looking for opportunities to share uplifting and inspiring things that go on in my life everyday. I often think that we can get so busy and caught up in the everyday tasks that we have to do that we don't take time the little things that go on constantly.

Recently, I've been noticing and thinking about the little experiences that happen at school that really make a difference in my life. I began to notice some of these last year, and because those things were brought to my attention, it allowed me to be aware for other things.

In seventh grade I quickly learned that it was really hard to through the hallways with that many people. Especially with the type of backpack that I had it was hard to open doors. There were certain people everyday who would hold the door open for me. Even though it was such a small and simple act, I don't think they realized how much that meant to me. Then those same people started to smile and wave at me in the hallway. It made such a difference to know that people were going out of their way to be kind to me.

Than this year has been even better. I've made great friends with some people I didn't even know last year! I have great classes with lots of entertaining people in them. I've had people invite me to sit by them and go out of their way to talk to me or give me a compliment. I'm grateful that people care so much to go out of their way to do kind things for me.

An article came out in the Ensign magazine that I think relates to this topic, here is the link. I think it's very important to not only notice the little things and be grateful for them, but also to perform little acts of service ourselves. You never know the difference you can make in someone's life by just doing a simple act of service or kindness. It really makes a difference.

I am truly grateful for all the many acts of service and kindness that I have been the recipient of, noticed and unnoticed. The examples of others have inspired me to do the same thing for the people around me. It really doesn't take much to show kindness to someone else.



Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments