Fun in Young Women's!

I started a new thing a few months ago that I'm really excited about. It is called LDSJournal.com. It allows me to write in my journal when I'm not at home and want to write about something. It is a really cool program and you should check it out! One of the things that it does is give you journal prompts that you can write about. I'm going to use one today. The prompt said to tell about exciting experiences as a young woman.

In my church we have this program for girls. (We also do the same thing for boys). When they turn twelve they go into the young woman's program. There we learn skills about how to be good mothers and wives. We also learn more about the gospel.

I had a very exciting and fun time when I came into young women's. My mom was called as young women's president a few months before I turned twelve so she was there when I got there. It made the transition a lot easier having someone that I knew and trusted to help me.

One of the first experiences I remember having as a young women is going to Girls Camp. Girls Camp is a week long camp that young women attend. We have a lot of fun there along with many spiritual experiences. It is very fun and a good opportunity for girls to become closer to each other and Heavenly Father.

Since I have never really liked being away from home, I was grateful my mom was able to be there with me. It was really nice to be able to experience my first year at Girls Camp with her. I learned a lot more about my friends and the Savior as I was at Girls Camp my first year. I'm glad my mom was able to go with me.

I'm grateful for all of the things I've been able to experience in young women's so far. I have learned so much more about myself and the gospel. Even though my mom is no longer in young women's as a leader, I'm still grateful I was able to spend time with her while she was in there. I'm grateful for all the things I've been able to do in young women's so far and I'm looking forward to all the experiences I will have. 




Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You're mom is fabulous and you are so great too appreciate her being your YW leader. You will be a great mom and YW leader because of her.

    ReplyDelete