Childhood Memory - The Cousin Band

One of my favorite childhood memories is when we created the Cousin Band. This was a band that my cousins and I are where we sing and perform music.   

One night we were having a cousin sleepover and we watched a movie called Hello Down There. It is about a father who is hired by his work to take his family and go live in this underwater house. It is about their adventures and struggles from living in the ocean. And might I add that it is very funny! But one of the things that the kids do is they have a band that helps to entertain the family. 

When we finished the movie, we decided it would be fun to make a cousin band. So the next morning we got everything ready. My cousin played the piano and we started writing a song. (It is the only song we've ever written)! It was about asking mom for a drink of water or story when we are in bed. It was actually really cute! 

We haven't done as much over the years, but it is still fun to get together and make music. It is a very good bonding experience for us to do something together that we all love. I'm grateful for the memories I have from the Cousin Band. 



Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments