5 Books Everyone Should Read

I love to read! And there is a lot of great literature and books out there that can bring us up and inspire us. I would like to share with you 5 books that I think everyone should read. 

Great Expectations- Charles Dickens

This is a book that I got a few years ago, and I didn't think I would enjoy it, but it is one of my favorites and I've read it many times since! I love this book because it shows the confidence and growth of the main character, Pip.

Night- Elie Wiesel

This is a book I had to read before I went to DC. It is about one boy's experience through the Holocaust. I didn't realize how terrible and tortuous it was and what these people went through.  It is very sad, but also moving and makes you grateful for what you have. 

Chasing Vermeer- Blue Ballet

This book is for anyone who enjoys puzzles or riddles. I read it in 6th grade and have many times after that! Two kids are looking for a lost artist's paintings by using clues like letters and puzzle cubes. 

Little Women- Louisa May Alcott

This is my favorite book of all time! I love the story of the sisters and the friendship and love that they share, as well as the hard times they experience. It is a great story of family unity and accomplishing your dreams. 


Christmas Jars- Jason Wright

Even though this is technically a Christmas book, it is still an amazing story. It teaches lessons of giving and sharing with others even when you don't have a lot. I'm inspired every time I read it! 

These are just a few of my favorite books. There are many that I love and that have inspired me and taught me different things. I think it's very important to read so that we can learn more about different cultures and the world. 




Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments