PHS!

Last night JV had the opportunity to cheer with Varsity at Provo High's Homecoming game. I was really excited because I look up to Varsity a lot for many reasons and I was excited to get to cheer with them!

We played Judge Memorial, the same team JV beat yesterday. The JV game was really close because they caught up at the end! But at this game it was 34-0 at halftime, and the crowd started chanting "We want Timpview"! 

At halftime we performed the routine we've been working on for two and a half months! It is a pretty tricky routine and has a lot of hard parts that we had to work at. My coach had been really nervous about it because a lot of the time things wouldn't hit or we would do something wrong. 

I was really nervous when we went out there because we were performing this in front of the whole school! Everything went perfect! It all hit and my coaches were smiling like crazy! When we were done my friend started crying and I was wondering if she had gotten hurt, but she was just so happy that we had done it so good!
  
At the end of the third quarter we did a Christmas tree stunt that we formed on Thursday! I was really excited/nervous because I got to be one of the flyers! We figured it out so that I could get up there in time and handle my poms. But it was really fun to be up there at least once! 

It was a really great experience to cheer at the game on Friday! I leaned a lot about how I can cheer better and have a good time! I hope I can do it again. Have a great Labor Day!   


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments